All applications for the 2014 Philadelphia Museum of Art Photography Competition must be submitted online. There is a non-refundable processing fee of $45 payable online.
To begin the application process please visit https://pmaphoto.slideroom.com
DEADLINE FOR ENTRYAll applications must be submitted by January 13, 2014.
NOTIFICATIONArtists whose work has been selected will be notified on or about March 17, 2014.
EXHIBITSWinning photographs will be exhibited at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in June 2014.
RULES OF ENTRY
- Each applicant must submit 10-15 images that represent original work created no earlier than January 1, 2012.
- Applicants must submit their images and an artist's statement to Slideroom no later than January 13, 2014. Applications may upload 10-15 images (jpg). For good image and fast upload, images should be sized not larger than 1220px @72dpi. The Slideroom portal offers additional instructions for submitting work and for helping new applicants get started. For technical assistance, access the help desk at slideroom.zendesk.com.
- All photographs must be accompanied by the following information: title (including "untitled" if that is the case); date; and print dimensions.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art shall have the perpetual right to display accepted works and to reproduce accepted works of educational and promotional purposed in both print and electronic for.
- Each artist warrants that he or she had obtained all necessary releases from models and other subjects featured in photographs selected for exhibition and any additional releases required with respect to names and trademarks, designed, or works of art depicted in the photograph and that the creation, display, or distribution of photographs will not violate any law.
- Submission of any entry to this competition implies acceptance of all conditions stated.